A Barbanza mountain range and Arousa estuary are the natural spots which demarcate the area of Arousa North. Its lands include the councils of A Pobra do Caramiñal, Boiro, Rianxo y Riveira, also known together as O Barbanza region.
Located in the south-west of A Coruña, Arousa North is a territory that´s well connected with the most important Galician cities: access through the O Barbanza motorway AG-11 to the Atlantic highway connects Arousa North very quickly with nearby cities such as Santiago de Compostela or Pontevedra, or more distant cities such as Vigo, A Coruña and Ferrol. The access to Arousa North through AC-305 also allows a route through the different towns which form the territory: coastal villages, urban centers and small rural hamlets.
DISTANCES IN KM (Boiro council as point of reference):
- Santiago de Compostela: 53 km. Estimated time: 45 minutes.
- Pontevedra: 55 km. Estimated time: 45 minutes.
- Vigo: 82 km. Estimated time: 1 hour.
- A Coruña: 126 km. Estimated time: 1 hour and 23 minutes.
- Ferrol: 144 km. Estimated time: 1 hour and 35 minutes
- Ourense: 151 km. Estimated time: 1 hour and 37 minutes
Lugo: 184 km. Estimated time: 2 hours